Schedule, manage and observe the live courses in your Vedubox System.
This article contains:
- About Live Meetings
- Scheduling Live Meetings
- Starting Meetings as Administrator
- Viewing Live Meeting Reports
- Adding Batch Live Meetings
The following user roles and terms have the same functionality:
|Vedubox EDU||Vedubox Corporate|
About Live Meetings
In order to start or attend a live meeting in Vedubox, Zoom must be installed on your devices. You can read "Installing Zoom" article from here.
Live meetings are delivered to students through the courses they are registered to. Which means that a student can only see live meetings that are scheduled through the existing LMS courses.
Administrator accounts can:
- Schedule live courses for every teacher and moderator.
- Update all live courses
- Start all meetings as host (currently in progress)
- Join all meetings as co-hosts if the meeting has already been started by teacher or moderator. (currently in progress)
The live module has a weekly view. You can view a specific date by clicking on the date in the upper right area, you can view the forward and backward dates by clicking the left and right buttons. The day marked in blue represents the present.
Scheduling Live Meetings
-Login with your administrator account and click Live.
-Click "Add New" to schedule a new meeting.
-Select a course then click OK
Tip: Categorizing your courses will help you find your relevant course from administrator live screen if you have a high number of courses and you want to manage your meetings from administrator.
- Select your meeting type.
- Choose Multiple if you want to schedule the same course as recurring courses.
Warning: Only 99 courses can be scheduled ahead per teacher. If you schedule 99 courses for an individual teacher, they will have to wait for some of their courses to finish or they will have to delete some of their courses before being able to schedule a new one.
You will also need to know ahead before scheduling multiple meetings whether they will exceed the live classroom limit or not.
- Provide a title for your course.
- Choose date. (Today by default)
- Choose hour, and timezone if necessary. (Default timezone for live meetings will be your Vedubox system's timezone. If you need a particular meeting to be in another time zone, you can change it while scheduling the course.)
- Choose a duration from 15 minutes up to 240 minutes.
Note: Your Video Meeting(Pro) and Webinar(Pro) meetings can exceed the course duration as much as you like. However, it will only be possible to start/join a meeting until the start hour + duration.
-Confirm your registration limit. (Default 50 in all systems. You can increase your registration limit up to the number of user limit per Zoom room in your package.)
- You can provide a description. (Optional)
- If your course is private, check the private option and choose among registered students which students will be able to join this meeting.
Starting Meetings as Administrator (In Progress)
-Click "Start" in order to start this meeting. As an administrator:
- If you start a live meeting before the teacher, you will become the host of the meeting.
- If you click "Start" when host have already started it, you will join as a co-host.
Viewing Live Meetings Reports
You can view the reports of all live training on the live calendar. For detailed live training reports, you can read our reports article.
Click the blue arrow button below a finished live session. Then click on the "Attendees" tab.
- In the "Attendees Report" heading, you can view the people who attended this meeting. The person at the top is the instructor, that is, the host of the meeting. However, if the join without a host is enabled in the system administrator settings and the host is not joined, the top person will not be the host.
- You can view the Join-Leave times of the participants and the total time they spent in the meeting (Duration). Participants whose total time spent is 0 and who do not have Join-Leave hours are users who are registered to the relevant training but did not participate in the live meeting. Therefore, it is also possible to track absenteeism on this list.
- You can export the attendance report of the relevant training in Excel format.
Adding Batch Live Meetings
-You can plan your live meetings collectively at once. For this, there are 2 methods as planning the same training multiple times and saving different live trainings as Excel.
To add the same training more than once, follow the written steps.
-To schedule a batch live training, open the live creation screen and check the "Multiple" box.
Write down how many repetitions there will be in total. Select the repeat frequency as Daily / Weekly / Monthly. Select how often the repetitions will occur from the box in the "Repeat every" field.
Live training will be ready to be created in the periods you specify. After editing the titles of each training, click the "Save" button.
Adding Batch Live Training with Excel File:
Click the Batch Create button in the Live module with the system administrator account.
In this area, you can download the sample Excel file to your computer by clicking the Download button, view the Instructor IDs, and find the relevant training ID by using the search field.
You can edit your excel file by reading the information in the header fields in the downloaded sample Excel file.
You can find the explanation of each row provided as notes, as shown below
Now you can upload your excel by clicking the Select button on the Batch Create page, and then you can pre-record your batch live training by clicking the Upload button.
When the Excel file is loaded, your scheduled sessions are displayed in green and red.
Green rows are sessions that you can create without any problems, and red ones indicate sessions with incomplete or incorrect information.
You can create your publications by clicking Generate so that the green sessions will appear in the calendar, the red ones will not be reflected in the calendar.
If you click the Cancel button, you will cancel the meetings without saving them to the calendar.