This article contains:
1- Account Types
It is important to get to know the roles of account types initially. In a standard Vedubox setting, user roles are defined as follows:
1.1 System Administrator Account:
Typical core roles of a system administrator account.
An administrator account is the most authorized type of account in a Vedubox system and has access to all functions in the system with the exception of unique account-based roles such as instructor accounts being the host of the live meetings. For educational institutions, the roles of an admin account are as follows:
- Provides initials setup structure,
- Creates branches, register teachers create courses and register students,
- Schedules live meetings for every course (Optional).
In light of the given information, it is easy to do an initial setup. In this booklet, we will go through an example build.
1.2- Teacher/Moderator Account:
Typical roles of a teacher account.
A teacher/instructor account is typically responsible for creating and managing content within course modules, creating questions, tests, and exams, managing live meetings as hosts and grading students.
1.3- Student / User Account:
Roles of a student account.
A student account has access to courses they are registered to and courses that they have bought through the portal. They are able to go through the course content, take quizzes and exams and participate in the live meetings of the courses that they are registered to.
2- An Example Build That Resembles an Educational Institution
In this example, we will go through the initial setup of an educational institution. This example is just one of the options among many other ways.
2.1- Example Setup:
Implementation: Initial setup of ETGI Academy.
Below are the steps that we will follow through this setup:
- Logging in as administrator.
- Create our branches.
- Register our teachers.
- Create our courses.
- Register our students and match them with related courses.
2.1.1- Creating Branches:
- After logging in with the administrator account, click Branches.
- In order to create a main branch, click the “Add” button, then type in the Branch name. Put “-1” on the user limit count so that you may register an unlimited number of users into this branch. Finally, click the “Add” button which is at the bottom of the form.
- Next, we click on our new main branch, then, we can create sub-branches for the main branch that we have chosen by clicking " Add sub branch".
Note: The new sub branches will have their user limit count -1 by default, you can register an unlimited number of users into that branch or you can define a number of user limits.
- Create all your branches based on previous steps.
2.1.2- Batch Registering Teachers
- Click on the Teachers module.
- Next, click “Batch Create"
- Download sample Excel file.
- Provide necessary information for new teacher accounts. Name, surname, e-mail, username, and password fields are mandatory.
- Next, select the Excel file from your device, choose the related branch and click “Upload”.
- Once you click upload, a form will show up where it checks whether there is anything wrong with any particular account or not. The accounts that are on the green background will be successfully registered into Vedubox once you click “Accept”.
2.1.3- Batch Creating Courses:
- Click on the “Courses” module.
- Next, click “Batch Create”.
- Download draft Excel file.
- On the same page, you will have access to all teacher e-mail addresses so that you may use them for course creation.
- Course name and instructor email fields are mandatory. If you leave out the "Category" field blank for a course, it will be assigned within the "Default" category. If you type in a category name that does not exist, a new category with that name will be created.
In this example, the 9th Grade Mathematics course is assigned to the teacher with email@example.com e-mail address while the Guidance course is assigned to the teacher with firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address. Note that you can assign more than one course to a single teacher.
- Next, select your excel file from your computer.
- Click upload and then click accept.
2.1.4- Batch Registering the Students
- Click the “Students” module.
- Click “Batch Create.”.
- Download draft Excel file.
- Fill up the Excel file. You can just copy and paste required columns if you already have a list of your students. While doing batch register operation, you should separate groups of students into different Excel files since you will be choosing which branch they belong to.
- For example, a separate Excel for students of 9A classroom while an another excel file for the students of 10B classroom.
After you fill the Excel, save it.
- Choose your Excel file from your device. Then, choose which branch they belong to. Next, add to which catalogs that this group of students will be subscribed to (optionally)
Accept the GDPR and upload.
- Once you make sure that nothing is wrong with any rows of the Excel (green means OK, red means something went wrong and an error message will tell you what it is. For example, you will see “The username is already in use!” error.) click “Accept”.
- Once you are done with all the steps, every student and teacher will have access to the courses that they are registered into. From this point on, teachers can manage their LMS content and students can access both course contents and live meetings.